WE'RE HAPPY TO HELP
We've tried our best to clarify the most common questions we find coming our way. However, if there's anything you're unsure of, or that hasn't been covered, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us to find out more.
A domain name is the "address" of your website. e.g. www.youbusinessname.co.uk.
All our packages have an annual renewal fee that is paid each year in advance. This covers several renewals your site needs every year, so you don't have to worry about anything expiring. This includes:
- Hosting - this refers to the space your website needs on a server in order to be accessible on the internet.
- Domain Name Renewal - we renew your domain name every year on your behalf.
- Email Forwarding Service - all packages allow you to receive mail as your business email address, and this service is maintained in your annual renewal.
- SSL Security Certificate - each year we renew your certificate to maintain your websites security.
- Daily Backups - All client sites are regularly "backed up" - this means we save a copy of it just in case something happens that causes your website to malfunction. From bad bots to user mishaps, if disaster strikes your site, we're on hand to restore it to its last "healthy" state within 24 hours.
- Editor License - you are given access to a piece of software that allows you to easily make changes and updates to your website.
- Bot Protection - Bot Protection ensures that your website remains completely safe and secure. It blocks known hackers & bad bots before they harm your site.
This fee does not cover changes being made to your website on your behalf.
This can vary between projects, however typically we require:
- Text Content, i.e. information about you, your business and your products/services
- The imagery you wish to use. Alternatively, we can source royalty-free imagery on your behalf.
- Any existing branding, logos etc you wish to continue to use
All our packages have fixed prices, and the vast majority of clients find these packages perfect for their needs. Have a look at our packages page to find out more.
Has someone stepped on the mouse?
(our websites are better than our jokes - promise)
All our websites are built on the latest edition of WordPress.
eCommerce sites use the latest edition of WooCommerce.
Yes all of the websites we create are fully responsive. This means they adapt and look great regardless of the screen size.
Yes. Google takes several weeks to discover and crawl a new site, and generally starts to index new sites after several weeks.
On average, most sites are completed within 6-8 weeks. The timeline, however, is as much in your control as it is ours! The quicker you're able to return content and feedback as requested throughout the process, the shorter the timeline.
Great! Now that you've picked your perfect package, we can get the ball rolling.
We'll get you booked in for a 20-30 min zoom consultation. During this time, we'll go through things such as your existing branding, your business and check out your competitors and the kind of site you like (and dont like!). We'll send you a list of questions we're going to ask in advance, so you'll have a good idea of what we'll chat about.
Once we've done this and you're happy to proceed, we put together a free homepage draft together, and send it to you 7-10 days later. This gives you an idea of what the end result could look like, and also ensures we're on the same page design and aesthetics-wise.
Once you've seen this and you're happy, it's just a £50 deposit and you don't pay a penny of the balance until your site is live, and you're delighted.
With your homepage draft approved and deposit paid, we'll then get some feedback from you and book in your next draft. This process repeats 2-3 times until your site is ready to roll.
Yes! As part of our annual renewal packages, you have access to an easy-to-use editor to stay in complete control of your website.
At launch, you get a handover pack including your own login, a PDF guide on how to use the editor and video tutorial. You're given an equal access level as us to your website.
However, you don't have to make all changes yourself - we're always just an email away if you're ever stuck, and offer a competitive hourly rate for ad-hoc changes. Alternatively, there's also a range of maintenance packages available too, check them out here
To celebrate our hometown of Glasgow hosting COP26 in 2021, we began planting trees for every website launched.
Trees are one of the best tools we have in removing carbon pollution from our atmosphere. All of the trees funded by Super Simple Websites will quietly remove carbon from the atmosphere over their lifetimes.
The trees our clients are helping to fund are doing sterling work sucking up atmospheric carbon, and mangrove trees – which make up the majority of Ecologi’ss tree-planting activities – are especially capable.
Based on scientific research of mangrove forests, we know that a hectare of mangroves can sequester 3,082 tonnes of CO2 over a 25 year life time. Or 308KG per tree.
Although not tangible, websites are not carbon neutral – they require space on a large server that’s powered 24/7. As a result, an average client site would contribute around 12kg of CO2 per year – that is the equivalent of boiling water for nearly 1700 cups of tea!
Fortunately, each “Super Simple Websites Tree” will now help to offset the emissions for an average client website.
We do love a coffee date, although as a rule we stick to virtual-only appointments in the vast majority of cases.
In doing so, we managed to eliminate the need to raise our prices in 2021/22 - in fact our packages have barely budged for their fixed, affordable prices for nearly 5 years!
What's more, while you only have one point of contact throughout the entire build process, there is a chance a member of the super simple dream team may be working on your project at points too. Recorded, virtual meetings ensure that nothing becomes lost in communication.
For most projects, we'll meet 1-2 times over Zoom. If you're not comfortable using Zoom, it's no problem to replace this with a telephone meeting. Throughout the process, we're also available over the phone and via Whatsapp too to keep you in the loop.
We've now worked on 100's of projects this way, for businesses throughout the entire UK and as far as the US and Canada, so we're well-rehearsed on making it work. You can rest assured your project will be kept on track, and the end result will meet (or exceed!) your expectations.
Please do NOT visit our Glasgow office without prior arrangement. Due to remote working, there's a chance we won't be there to say hello!
We're happy to help out and discuss this with you, however as a guide it's handy to consider what information you want to convey to your customers and then try to structure into categories and subcategories.
This will then lead to a natural list of all the pages that should be required within your website.
Of course! We can redirect your domain name to the new site when ready to launch.
Unfortunately, we do not build for external hosting.
The hosting provided by us (£80 per year for most sites, £99 per year for eCommerce sites) is UK-based, HTTP/2 Enabled, and high speed as well as automatic daily backups.
If you are concerned about migrating hosts from an existing setup, don't hesitate to have a chat with us about it.
- Fantastic to deal with. Honest, smart and very efficient. Claudia could up sold me easily to more expensive packages but I appreciated her honesty and candidness throughout. I’m very happy with the site and she has been very responsive throughout. Highly recommended.Waqqas Ashraf
- Claudia was fantastic to work with in creating our new website last year Great knowledge and ensured we created a website tailored to our business needs.
She continues to be a great support with advice and edits.
Fantastic service at very competitive price! - ReDeck
- Claudia has been fantastic for our business. The news content she manages on our website has brought us so much more traffic. Her attention to details and her ideas make our website stand out from the crowd. I can not recommend her highly enough! AA+ Wouldn't shop anywhere else for a website designer and developer.Zander Noble
- Claudia has a very relaxed approach to collaborating. From the firsts draft I could see that she really understood what we were about and our personality came through in her work. It was important to us that our site had a very personal and welcoming feel to it, and that’s exactly what we’ve achieved! I’ve never done anything like this before and Super Simple is definitely a fitting name for Claudias business! Highly recommend.
- Claudia @ Super Simple Websites was fantastic! My Mortgage Advice firm has a fantastic looking website now which operates extremely well. I wanted a specific mortgage calculator for the web page which a lot of other designers said they would struggle with, Claudia got it done. Communication was brilliant too. Highly Recommend!! Thanks, Gavin @ Arrowhead Financial.Gavin Chalmers
- Claudia has been sorting out our website since we started and always first class service www.acebodyshopscotland.co.ukJason Mackrell
- I’d totally recommend Claudia and Super Simple Websites for all your website needs on the following grounds:
- her professionalism
- her technical expertise
- cost (Claudia charges a very fair price for first class work)
- her affability (I may have been a fussy blighter to work with but Claudia was never less than friendly, cool and supportive - which I really valued)
So what are you waiting for? Want a website – go to Claudia!Graeme Bowman
- Great communication from start to finish,would highly recommend Claudia at Super simple websites
many thanks from The Babyspot GlasgowAndrew Duff
- Well! Where to begin! Claudia is wonderful! After an awful experience with a previous web design company, it truly was Super Simple Websites to the rescue! Every single step was amazing! Claudia was so understanding of my previous experience, she calmed my anxiety and was so kind in her approach! Her communication was outstanding, she fully understood everything I was looking for and more! The final website is just amazing but what was more wonderful was the experience to get there.Alana Day
- We have worked with Claudia on varies websites for our companies and can confirm she offers a 1st class service with competitive prices. Would have no hesitation on recommending her service to friends, family and work colleagues.Eddie Leishman
- Would highly recommend Super Simple Websites. Claudia goes far and beyond tending to your specific needs and making the website as suited to you and your clients as much as possible. You won't find many web designers providing this service to this quality of standard for the value of money. Once your website has been built Claudia remains very responsive and helpful when in need. 10/10Robert NoblePrep to Plate
- Claudia has been great to work alongside. Clear pricing and I received a fully integrated shop site. Please feel free to view my site if you want to see the great work.
Thanks Super Simple Websites 💗Ross Chard
- Working with Claudia to design my business website was great. She made the process so easy, explained everything fully, really took on board the design I wanted for website etc. She worked extremely quickly and also responded to emails quickly. She really was excellent to work with and I love my business website. Highly recommend!Carolann Nolan
- Claudia has a very relaxed approach to collaborating. From the firsts draft I could see that she really understood what we were about and our personality came through in her work. It was important to us that our site had a very personal and welcoming feel to it, and that’s exactly what we’ve achieved!
I’ve never done anything like this before and Super Simple is definitely a fitting name for Claudias business! Highly recommend.Karmic Carnelian
- Irene Kirkwood
- Cannot thank Claudia enough for all the hard work and effort she has put in building my website for my property and corporate photography business. I am over the moon with the result! Highly recommend! And will be using again for my lifestyle and wedding photography. Thank you Claudia! XxxSara Amelia
- Could not be more delighted with Claudia's work on our website. From the initial discussions to the final product, Claudia has built us a website that will help our organisation so much. From our new e-commerce fundraising site, to the sections detailing the dynamics of domestic abuse, to the vital 'quick exit', Claudia developed a site with the needs of our organisation at the core. We are delighted with her work and I would recommend her completely.Glasgow Women's Aid
- Claudia was brilliant, I was kept up to date all the way through and everything was explained either by message or a video showing what to do. Very responsive to messages also any questions you've got very quick to answer.Alisdair Wood